| Schedule for the Day
|Faculty Meeting: ||4:00-5:00|
- Morning Work Session Topics
- "Visit My Classroom"
- My cart comes with a laptop, a projector, and a "bamboo and stylus" with which I write notes which I post daily to the web.
Mostly I lecture a little and keep quiet a lot so students can do their work then share work with those around them.
I have spreadsheets, a Geometry Sketch pad page or two, manipulatives/models, and games to teach the "point" better than a lecture.
- "Math Class Languages and Pedagogy"
- The 20 or so "languages" with which I present material has four major language families:
VERBAL/Auditory, WRITTEN/Symbolic, PICTORIAL/Visual, and CONCRETE/Kinesthetic. These languages are the motivation for the pedagogy.
- "Forty+ Years of Math Teaching Experience and Techniques in Four+ Hours"
- From whole number, decimal, fraction representation and computation to percents, area formulas, teacher education topics, prealgebra, algebras, and statistics, to
precalc and calc, I've collected a few trick of the trade. Examine them. Maybe even have a little fun.
- Afternoon Work Session Topics
- "Forty+ Years of Math Teaching Experience and Techniques in Four+ Hours, Continued"
- More of the same.